Technology Training Classes
Book a One-on-One Technology Training Appointment
Schedule a free 60 minute one-on-one computer training sessions with a library staff member. Training sessions are for adult and by appointment only. Available computer topics are Windows 7 Basics, Windows 8 Basics, Windows 10 Basics, Files & Folders Basics, Internet Basics, E-mail Basics, Microsoft Word Basics, Microsoft Excel Basics, Microsoft PowerPoint Basics, Facebook Basics, and Twitter/Pinterest Basics. Computer training sessions are conducted on library PCs. Or learn how to download free digital content (eBooks, eAudiobooks, eMagazines, etc.), and other features about your mobile device, i.e. Kindle, Nook, iPad, Android Tablet, or Windows devices. Patrons must have a valid Clark County Public Library card for training sessions. To schedule an appointment, please fill out the One-on-One Technology Training Appointment form and turn it in at the Reference Desk or at any Clark County Public Library location. Any Questions? Please call the Reference Desk at (937) 328-6903 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructors cannot provide assistance with:
- Secretarial work (i.e. typing, proofreading, etc.).
- Online shopping or any actual transactions involving credit cards or personal financial information.
- Online tax assistance. (Go to AARP Tax-Aide)
- Searching for a job or creating a resume. (Go to Ohio Means Job.)
- Filling out a job application. (Go to Ohio Means Job.)
- Installing software unrelated to library services.
- Password recovery unrelated to library services.
- Advanced computer topics. (Go to Gale Courses and/or LearningExpress Library databases)
- Troubleshooting problems on patron’s personal equipment, i.e. computers, smartphones, TVs, printers, wireless routers, etc.
Want More Computer Classes? Try Gale Courses – Free Online Courses!
Gale Courses offer a wide range of highly interactive classes that you can take entirely online. You can enroll in as many courses as you would like with your library card. Courses run for six weeks and new sessions begin every month. Find a full list of the over 500 courses offered here – http://education.gale.com/l-spri44275/.
Here are a few to get you started:
- Computer Fundamental Courses – Introduction to Windows 7, Introduction to Windows 8, Windows 10, Computer Skills for the Workplace, Introduction to PC Troubleshooting, Keyboarding, Introduction to Programming, Blogging and Podcasting for Beginners, Understanding the Cloud.
- Microsoft Office Courses – Introduction to Microsoft Word (2007, 2010, 2013, 2016), Intermediate Microsoft Word (2007, 2010, 2013, 2016), Introduction to Microsoft Excel (2007, 2010, 2013, 2016), Intermediate Microsoft Excel (2007, 2010, 2013, 2016), Advanced Microsoft Excel (2007, 2010, 2013, 2016), Introduction to Microsoft Access (2010, 2013, 2016), Intermediate Microsoft Access (2010, 2013, 2016), Introduction to Microsoft PowerPoint (2010, 2013, 2016), Introduction to Microsoft Outlook (2010, 2013), Introduction to Microsoft Publisher (2010, 2013).
- PC Security Courses – Introduction to PC Security, Advanced PC Security.
- Graphic and Multimedia Design Courses – Introduction to Photoshop (CS5, CS6), Intermediate Photoshop (CS5,CS6), Photoshop CC for the Digital Photographer, Introduction to InDesign (CS5,CS6), Intermediate InDesign CS5, Introduction to Illustrator (CS5, CS6).
- Web Technology – Achieving Top Search Engine Positions, Designing Effective Websites, Creating Web Pages, Advanced Web Pages, How to Get Started in Game Development.
Want More Computer Classes? Try LearningExpress Library – Computer Skills Center!
LearningExpress Library provides interactive online resources to help people achieve academic and career success. The Computer Skills Center video courses are a fun and easy way to learn how to use the computer, the Internet, and the softward applications most commonly needed for home, school, and work.
- Get Started with Your Computer – Computer Basics: Roles of Computer, Personal Computer Fundamentals, The Basics of Windows 7, Customizing Windows 7, Application Basics, Organizing Data, Web Browsing, Printing, & Maintenance and Security.
- Get Started with the Internet – Internet Basics: What is the Internet?, Surfing the Internet, The Internet as a Search Tool, Using One-on-One Communications, Email Etiquette, Branching Out Using the Internet, Understanding Social Networking, Using Web Tools, & Protecting Yourself Online.
- Popular Software tools – Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Publisher, Microsoft Word, Corel WordPerfect X3.
- Learn Computer Graphics and Illustration – Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Flash, Adobe Illustrator & Adobe Photoshop.
- Understanding Your Operating System – Windows Operating System – Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
Want More Computer Classes? Try Lynda.com!
Lynda.com, a part of LinkedIn, provides on-line learning content with a focus on business, technical, and creative skills. It contains over 6,600 courses and more than 216,000 video tutorials. The video courses are taught by industry experts and are designed for any skill level. Lynda.com also offers more than 50 different learning paths to help users stay ahead in their current job or change careers.