CLARK COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY
PROPOSAL FOR JANITORIAL SERVICES
Proposals are to be submitted in a sealed envelope to the Business Office before 4:00 p.m., Monday, March 9, 2020.
The Library reserves the right to accept or reject any or all proposals.
The contractor will provide a list of at least three current business references.
The contractor will provide sufficient evidence of insurance coverage.
The Clark County Public Library consists of the following locations:
Main Library – 201 S Fountain Ave, Springfield, OH 45506 62,000 square feet
Enon Branch – 209 E Main St, Enon, OH 45323 8,400 square feet
Houston Branch – 5 W Jamestown St, South Charleston, OH 6,700 square feet
Park Branch – 1119 N Bechtle Ave, Springfield, OH 45504 6,000 square feet
Village Branch – 1123 Sunset Ave, Springfield, OH 45505 6,000 square feet
Floor treatment consists mostly of carpeting throughout. Janitorial service is required seven (7) days a week at the Main location; three (3) days a week at the branches and administrative wing. Trash is handled by in-house maintenance staff at the Main Library. All services are to be done during the hours that the Library is closed.
Library hours are:
Main Library Hours
Monday – Thursday: 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Friday: 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Saturday: 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Sunday: 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Monday – Thursday: 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Friday: 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Saturday: 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
1. All janitorial staff shall be made aware that their images will be recorded by the Library digital video surveillance system.
2. The contractor shall be responsible for securing the Library and arming the building security system after each cleaning.
3. The contractor will provide a task list and schedule of when the required specific cleaning tasks will be performed. This list will be kept in each janitorial closet.
4. All work shall be performed after normal hours of Library operation and completed before opening.
5. The contractor staff will sign in and out when entering and exiting the Library. No other persons are permitted in the Library after closing.
6. The contractor shall supply the Library with a current list of all employees that will perform work at Library facilities prior to beginning work. A copy of a driver’s license or state id shall be supplied for each employee. Each of these employees shall be adequately trained.
7. The contractor shall obtain criminal background checks at its expense on all custodial personnel at the start of this contract or upon employment. The contractor shall provide documentation to the Library illustrating that the background checks have been successfully completed.
8. The Library reserves the right to request a change in janitorial staff at any time.
9. The Library staff may communicate with the janitorial crew by leaving a special instruction task form near the sign-in sheet. This task form will require a response.
10. Each individual branch may have unique requirements. A list of what will be required at each branch will be provided.
11. The Library Director has final say on what is to be done at each location. Branch Managers must submit any unique requests to the Director before implementation.
The contractor will provide janitorial equipment that may be stored in the janitorial closets at each Library location. All janitorial equipment will be kept in good working order and replaced as needed. The Library will inventory and inspect all equipment inside the janitor closets on a regular basis.
It is the intention of the Library to obtain janitorial services from a qualified contractor. Such services shall encompass furnishing adequate and appropriate labor, materials, supplies, equipment, and supervision for the performance of the projected work. The ultimate responsibility of the contractor is to provide facilities that are uniformly clean, hygienic, orderly, and attractive, which will reflect favorably upon the Library and the contractor. Variances in user traffic, building renovation work, weather conditions, and other uncontrollable and unpredictable factors will determine the actual frequency requirements necessary to maintain Library standards.
The Library will supply all needed paper products and soap to stock the facilities to the janitorial closets at each location. The contractor shall provide all other needed cleaning supplies, disinfectants, and miscellaneous necessary supplies. The contractor shall at no time use the Library paper supplies for general cleaning purposes.