Calling all kid artists ages 5-12! Have you always wanted to design a library card? What things would you like to see on a Clark County Public Library card just for kids? Well here’s your chance to try your hand at coming up with a catchy, cool, clever and creative image for the library. Let your imagination soar – the possibilities are endless.
Contest rules and entry forms will be available online below, on our Facebook page and at any Clark County Public Library location.
Prizes will be awarded. The top design winner may be used on a future Clark County Public Library Children’s Card.
Check-out the guidelines below and then let the creating begin!
Guidelines – Contest will run from Monday, January 14th – Sunday, February 17th, 2019
(entries that are mailed in must be postmarked by Saturday, February 16th, 2019)
The contest is open to all children in Clark County, ages 5-12. Artwork will be judged on subject, originality and creativity. Original artwork only (use of copyrighted material or images is prohibited). Artwork will become the property of Clark County Public Library and will not be returned. Incomplete submission will not be accepted. Employees and their families/members of household are not eligible to win.
- Artwork MUST be created by a child
- Artwork must be either a drawing or a painting
- Image can be made traditionally with pen, pencil, colored pencil, crayon, pastels, marker, watercolor paints, acrylic paints, oil paints or can be a digital image created on a computer
- Artwork must be 8 ½”x11”
- Submission should fall under one of the following:
- Library or Springfield related
- Create your own book character
- What the library means to you
- Create your own library card mascot
- Submissions must be accompanied by a completed entry form that has been signed by a parent/guardian
- Limit of one (1) entry per child
- The top design winner may be used on a future Clark County Public Library Children’s Library Card and will also be awarded a prize
- Entries may be dropped off in the Lenski Children’s Center of the Main Library or mailed to:
Clark County Public Library
ATTN: Sonya Knisley
201 South Fountain Avenue
Springfield, Ohio 45506
- Entries must be turned in by Sunday, February 17th, 2019 and may not be submitted prior to Monday, January 14th, 2019